How can the Office of Undergraduate Research help you? You tell us. But here are a couple of areas where we know we can help you.
- We provide activities (workshops, seminar speakers, and culminating poster symposium) to complement the research carried out by your summer undergraduate researchers.
- We coordinate with the Honors College to administer the WVU SURE program - an opportunity for you to have a paid, full-time undergraduate student help with your research.
- We will help you connect you with undergraduate researchers with educational backgrounds and interests that align with your research interests and needs.
- We offer proposal writing advice (budgetary and language) as you work to secure funding for research involving undergraduates or for undergraduate research sites.
- We offer advice on how to administer an undergraduate research site or even just a couple of undergraduates in research.
Please note that safety is a priority in all academic and research laboratories at West Virginia University. Thus, faculty, staff and students must be properly training in safe work practices specific to their environment. For more information specific to your College, contact the relevant personnel below:
- Eberly College of Arts and Sciences: Safety website; Chemical Hygiene Officer - Barbara L. Foster;. (304)293-2729; Barbara.Foster@mail.wvu.edu.
- Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Design: Chemical Hygiene Officer - Denzil Blosser; (304)293-1831; Denzil.Blosser@mail.wvu.edu
- Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources: Safety Director - Kolin Brown; (304)293-8900; Kolin.Brown@mail.wvu.edu
- Health Sciences Center: Safety Contact - Natalie Caravasos; (304)293-7953; Natalie.Caravasos@mail.wvu.edu
- Biosafety Unit: Website; BioSafety Officer - Ali Elliott; (304)293-7157; firstname.lastname@example.org
- WVU Environmental Health & Safety: Website