Background Image for Hero:
Pursue solutions and discoveries that matter. Create ideas and take part in world-changing innovation and research. Reach the limits of what you can do and then keep on going.Let's Go
RAP is an apprenticeship program for students interested in learning the fundamentals of conducting research and creative inquiry under the supervision of a faculty mentor.
SURE is a summer undergraduate research experience for students interested in graduate studies and research/creative work within their discipline or a related discipline.
Students have the opportunity to showcase their work at annual spring and summer poster symposia and travel to conferences.
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT | Other Student Profiles
MAJOR: Exercise Physiology
RESEARCH ADVISER: Dr. Paul Chantler, Human Performance & Exercise Physiology
Advice for undergraduates just starting out in research:
Find a subject that you are passionate about. Then, select a professor that will also serve as a great mentor. A good mentor guides you to more research opportunities, which substantially furthers your career. In addition, A your mentor can provide more information to supplement traditional lecture material.
- Jun258:30 AM - 9:30 AMSURE: Prestigious Scholarships
- Jun274:30 PM - 5:30 PMSURE: Writing Personal Statements
- Jun299:00 AM - 1:30 PMSURE: Mobile Food Bank Service
- Jul28:30 AM - 9:30 AMSURE: National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- Jul26:30 PM - 7:30 PMSURE: Undergraduate Panel for Current Upward Bound Students
- Jul98:30 AM - 9:45 AMSURE: Creating an Effective Research Poster
- Jul114:30 PM - 6:00 PMSURE: Speed Networking: Communicating Your Research
- Jul168:30 AM - 10:00 AMSURE: Career Mentoring Panel
- Jul184:30 PM - 5:30 PMSURE: Pre-Health Applications
- Jul188:00 PM - 9:30 PMSURE: Planetarium Show (Ultimate Universe) & Observatory