Background Image for Header:
Giving to the Office of Undergraduate Research
Your generosity provides momentum in turning challenges into incredible opportunities
to transform the future of WVU students who seek to engage in undergraduate research
or creative endeavors. Private giving provides unique opportunities to enhance
the undergraduate experience for all WVU students.
The Office of Undergraduate Research (UGR) connects undergraduate students who have strong, committed interests in research or creative endeavors to faculty members, programs, and related opportunities that are aligned with their interests and career goals. We work to institutionalize undergraduate research and creative endeavors as a key component of the educational experience.
Please click the button below to give online today. On the Honors College giving page, please select the Office of Undergraduate Research.Give Online Today
- $25 - supports monetary prize for runner-up in one category at UGR's annual Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- $50 - supports monetary prize for winner in one category at UGR's annual Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- $60 - supports one student to present at the annual Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- $100 and up - Competitive enrichment funding to support undergraduate research/creative work (e.g., supplies, training).
- $190 - supports registration fee for one student to attend, present and represent WVU at NCUR.
- $500 - Partial travel funding for one undergraduate student to present research/creative work at regional or national discipline specific conference.
- $1,000 - sponsors one Faculty Award for Distinction in Mentoring Undergraduates in Research (used for support of undergraduate students in research).
- $1,000 - Partial travel funding for invited undergraduate to present research at the national Posters on the Hill event in D.C. or NCUR.
- $1,500 - Stipend/salary to sponsor one undergraduate in 15 weeks of part-time academic year research.
- $1,500 - Funding for charter bus to transport WVU students (30+) to annual URDC event.
- $4,000 - Stipend to sponsor one undergraduate in 8-weeks of full-time, faculty summer research/creative work via SURE.
- $6,000 - Funding to sponsor the annual Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- $8,000 - Funding to sponsor the annual, statewide Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol, Charleston, WV.
Look through one of our yearly pictorial reports to learn more about UGR and its programming.
We are always looking for WVU alumni who want to re-connect with undergraduates. Each summer, we invite alumni as speakers and career mentors for the students in our summer undergraduate research programs. If you are interested, send a note to the Director of the Office of Undergraduate Research, Dr. Michelle Richards-Babb.
The Honors College Development Officer, Brian Hoover, is prepared to talk with you about any interest you may have in making a gift to the Office of Undergraduate Research. Please give Brian a call at (304)293-2100 or email him at Brian.Hoover@mail.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University