Attention undergraduate seniors and recent graduates: Applications are open for the BCM Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Early deadline is January 1st and the final deadline is March 15th.
The goal is to help under-represented college graduates prepare for biomedical Ph.D. study. BCM PREP Scholars complete the program within 12 months, depending on each scholar's individual development plan. There are eight positions available each year. The program features:
- Paid ($32K) mentored biomedical research at one of the nation's top institutions.
- A molecular and cellular biology course designed for the program.
- Weekly Introduction to Graduate Research workshops.
- Standardized Test Preparatory Course Fellowship.
- Graduate school application workshops.
- Individual counseling on applying to Ph.D. programs.
- Individual tutoring and development in specific areas.
- Interaction with a vibrant community of more than 90 under-represented students - Ph.D. and M.D./Ph.D. students.