- Choose from over 40 projects available each year for 10 positions, giving increased flexibility to match student interests
- Receive a $5000 stipend, room and board, plus a $500 travel allowance to offset the cost of getting to Nashville
- Undergo in formal training on scientific writing and giving oral presentations Participate in a field trip to the Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Participate in optional outreach opportunities with local high school students
- Enjoy social activities and a final banquet
- Participate in a poster competition to receive a travel award to attend a national
professional meeting to present their work
Students who are US Citizens or Permanent Residents majoring in science or engineering are eligible to apply to the REU program. Students from underrepresented groups and institutions are strongly encouraged to apply. Students are to be notified of their acceptance into the program by email by mid-March annually. Selections are primarily based on academic standing and faculty recommendations.
Application deadline: February 15.
Program dates for 2019: May 26, 2019 - August 2, 2019.