Honors students and first-generation college students,
Please consider registering for SPTP 293 "Ambassadors for Change" for the Spring 2020 semester (3 credit hours). We'll have a lot of fun *AND* make actual positive changes in the system of STEM education.
We'll meet Tuesdays & Thursdays 10:00-11:15am in Woodburn Hall G11.
I'm attaching a flyer so you can help me spread the word!
In SPTP 293, we will:
- Interact with many different people around WVU and West Virginia.
- Contribute to building a state-wide network that supports rural, first-generation STEM students.
- Exercise your personal and social responsibility.
- Learn how to become an ambassador and ally to both younger students and policy makers.
- Create an intervention and/or communication piece that will be published and live on to be used by future first-gen students, potential first-gen allies, guidance counselors, parents, faculty, and policy makers.
Note: Honors students will have first priority to register October 21st-28th, and then if there are still openings non-Honors can be registered. If you are NOT an Honors students and want to register, just send me your full name and ID number and I can have an admin override to register you.
Please contact Dr. Kathryn Williamson (KEWilliamson@mail.wvu.edu) with questions.