The program is expected to run from Tuesday, May 28 through Saturday, August 3, but exceptions may be made for students who attend schools on the trimester schedule and cannot arrive by May 28. The total stipend is $5,000; additionally, room and board on the MSU campus and up to $500 for round-trip travel to/from East Lansing are provided.
Requirements for application:
· Undergraduates currently enrolled in a four-year program.
· Not an incoming freshman or graduating senior.
Strong preference will be given to:
· Members of an underrepresented group in science.
· First-generation college students.
· Students at small colleges without broad research facilities.
· Students with demonstrated interest in a career in bioenergy research.
Additional information about the GLBRC can be found at www.glbrc.org. Further information about the Summer Undergraduate Research Program and application instructions are posted at https://www.glbrc.org/education/educational-programs/summer-undergraduate-research-program.
Applications are due February 4, 2019.
For more information on the program, or for general questions, please contact:
Research Coordinator, GLBRC
Michigan State University