Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
PAS3 supports outstanding undergraduates as Summer Research Fellows each year in a ten-week collaborative REU program between Columbia and City College of New York. Topics of research encompass two interdisciplinary research groups studying materials composed of atomically precise low-dimensional building blocks: two-dimensional atomic sheets and zero-dimensional molecular clusters.
- $5,000 stipend, campus housing and round-trip travel to/from New York
- Do hands-on research in state-of-the-art facilities
- Receive training in laboratory practices and safety
- Faculty/Peer mentoring
- Weekly research seminar series featuring researchers from Columbia University and
- Exposure to workshops, visits to local industry, recreational activities and networking
TO BE ELIGIBLE:
- Undergraduates majoring in engineering disciplines, materials science, biology,
chemistry, physics and related fields
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply
WHY CHOOSE COLUMBIA'S MATERIALS RESEARCH REU PROGRAM?
- Top-notch faculty mentors
- Excellent materials science research facilities
- Collaborative setting with other summer program participants at Columbia University
- Spend summer conducting research at Columbia in incredible New York City!
Program Dates: May 28, 2018 - August 2, 2019
Application deadline: February 13, 2019
Click here to apply or for more information