Water Power Technologies Innovation and Commercialization Opportunity
*Application reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Water Power Technologies Innovation and Commercialization Opportunity with the Water Power Technologies Office is now accepting applications.
What will I be doing? As a member of the team, you will learn how the Water Power Technologies Offices (WPTO) carries out its mission to support and fund research, development, demonstration, and commercial activities to advance marine energy and hydropower technology development. You will be placed with the Strategic Innovation and Outreach team within the Water Power Technologies Office, working closely with the Marine Energy and Hydropower teams.
Why should I apply? A significant focus of the Strategic Innovation and Outreach team is to develop and implement strategies to enable the commercialization of marine energy and hydropower technologies, investigate and deploy innovative financing mechanisms to facilitate technology development, and support the water power innovation ecosystem.
The areas of professional development you may participate in include:
• Learning to engage in a dynamic team setting to understand key market, technical, regulatory, and other policy barriers towards Marine Energy and Hydropower commercialization;
• Participating in the development of blue economy and water power innovation ecosystem, including engaging with incubators and accelerators;
• Participating in the development and execution of support and assistance mechanisms related to water power commercialization for developers and academic researchers;
• Learning to develop comprehensive strategies in parallel with ongoing and future funding mechanisms for Marine Energy and Hydropower;
• Interacting with industry, private sector investors, and other federal agencies to understand pathways to private sector partnership for Marine Energy and Hydropower technology deployment and commercialization;
• Participating in activities to make funding opportunities more inclusive and equitable, including engaging with underrepresented and disadvantaged communities, and developing relevant public-private partnerships.
• Participating in activities to seed innovative new research, development, and commercialization concepts at the National Labs and academic institutions and in supporting follow-on activities related to these concepts.
Where will I be located? Washington, DC
You will receive a competitive stipend, an allowance to offset the costs of health insurance, research travel and materials up to $10,000, and relocation expenses reimbursement up to $5,000.
You must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and completed or be in the process of completing a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree.
Questions? Email DOE-RPP@orise.orau.gov. Please list the reference code [DOE-EERE-STP-WPTO-2022-3000] for this opportunity in the subject line of your email.