The student-led undergraduate research journal, Mountaineer Undergraduate Research Review (MURR),Volume 6, Issue 1, is published and now accessible on the Research Repository @ WVU (https://researchrepository.wvu.edu/murr/).
Originally conceived in Spring 2019 as an Honors EXCEL project by recent graduates Jeffrey Petty and Zachary Gilpin, MURR was successfully relaunched in fall 2020 after a six-year hiatus. Current Honors EXCEL student, Teagan Kuzniar, is a rising junior majoring in environmental microbiology serves as the journal’s current editor-in-chief after collaborating with Petty on the most recent publication. Teagan is a participant in the 2021 SURE program and recently named a recipient of the Udall scholarship.
As editor-in-chief, Teagan oversees a large team of undergraduates that make up the Editorial Review Board (ERB). The ERB and contributors that worked to publish Volume 6, Issue 1 included:
- Editors-in-Chief: Jeffrey Petty and Teagan Kuzniar
- Managing Editor: Wren King
- Head Section Editor (STEM): Gwendolyn Nurkiewicz
- Head Section Editor (HASS): Julean Bender
- Design Editor: Caitlyn Wilczek
- Editors (STEM): Aaron Malkowski, Ellena Gemmen, Rachel Winslett, and Savannah Hays
- Editors (HASS): Alex Dean, Emily Ogden, Jordan Peyton, and Kailey Basham
- Copy Editor: Kaley Vestal
- Typesetters: David Sokolov, Gwendolyn Nurkiewicz, Jeffrey Petty, Teagan Kuzniar, and Kevin Walden
- Graduate Advisor: David Sokolov
- Cover Art: Megan Rinker
The editorial review board is accepting manuscripts and cover art for MURR, Volume 6, Issue 2. Manuscripts may be submitted through the MURR webpage and cover art can be mailed to email@example.com.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the journal is may be slower to respond during the summer as it is undergoing routine maintenance.