The purpose of this volunteer position is to assist the Principal Investigator in the coding and data entry of medication inventories that were collected during a CDC-funded, community-based, randomized controlled trial of a chronic pain self-management workshop that enrolled almost 200 people in WV, PA, and OH. Data were collected from participants over a period of 12 to 18 months.
The primary functions are to:
• Create a list of all reported medications
• Use FDA Orange Book to look up indications for each medication
• Determine if usage was off-label or not
• Look up National Drug Code for each medication
• Determine Morphine Milligram Equivalent conversion factors for each pain medication
• Work with database manager to set up database and pre-load medication coding
• Enter the data into the database
• Collect medication inventory data from participants via telephone interview
Position starts early January (the week of Jan 13th at the latest) and should last approximately 1 semester.
We are looking for students who are organized, efficient, and detailed-oriented and can volunteer up to 20 hours per week in the Spring 2020 semester. Student(s) will be required to complete the WVU online ethical training in order to work on the study.
Location and Estimated Weekly Time Commitment:
We are located in the Health Sciences Center - weekly commitment up to 20 hours per week depending on student schedule.
Please contact Dr. Dina Jones now or during the holidays at firstname.lastname@example.org or (304) 293-1078 if you are interested in learning more about the position.