Are you looking for real world experience in cutting edge research from the world's premier source for data and information in the science and engineering enterprise?
The National Science Foundation (NSF), National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES) provides policy makers and the public high-quality information on the science and engineering enterprise.
Why should I apply? As a participant with NCSES Research Ambassadors Program, you will have the opportunity to explore a federal career with NSF and gain a competitive edge as you apply your education, talent and skills in a variety of settings within NCSES.
What will I be doing? As a fellow in the NCSES Research Ambassadors Program, you will have the opportunity to explore a federal career and gain a competitive edge as you apply your education, talent and skills in a variety of settings. Fellowships are based on assigned research or technical projects.
Activities may include, but are not limited to,
- Interpreting data and analyzing results using appropriate methods, techniques, and visualizations;
- Practice identifying, analyzing, interpreting, and visualizing trends and patterns in complex data sets;
- Gaining knowledge of state-of-the-art statistical, analytical, and visualization methods and techniques through reading, meetings with federal and non-federal researchers and analysts, and participation in professional meetings.
Where will I be located? Alexandria, VA
Appointments may result in a virtual placement due to COVID-19 impacts.
What are the benefits? As a participant with NCSES, you’ll receive a competitive stipend determined by your academic standing, discipline, and experience.
You may also be eligible to receive:
- Health insurance allowance
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- Travel and training allowance for professional development, meetings, etc.
Deadline: June 30, 2022 11:59AM Eastern Time Zone
This opportunity includes multiple openings for undergraduates, graduates, and postgraduates.