Mark Your Calendars!
The 14th Annual Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium is scheduled to return in-person and open to the public at 10:00 am (EST) on Thursday, July 28, 2022 at the Erickson Alumni Center.
We will accommodate a record number of undergraduate researchers this year, with presenters displaying posters in a variety of disciplines and explaining their summer research and creative work. The symposium will be judged, and winning presentations from each category will be announced by 2:00pm.
Want to submit an abstract for presentation? Click the text below. Abstract submissions are due by or before July 18th, 2022.
All are welcome to attend pursuant to the itinerary listed below. Items in bold are open to the public.
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am, Presenters set up posters
- 8:30 am – 10:00 am, Private judging session for presenters
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am, Coffee break open to presenters and public
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, Public poster sessions
- 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm, Luncheon for presenters, mentors, and judges
- 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm, Awards Ceremony open to public
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Campus tour for visiting students
Symposium Judges Needed
Additionally, because the symposium will be judged, the Office of Undergraduate Research is seeking faculty and graduate student judges in all disciplines including creative and performing arts, humanities, social sciences and STEM.
Volunteers can expect to spend ~3 hours reviewing poster presentations and judging. Lunch and a small gift will be provided. Graduate students who wish to earn and track volunteer hours through iServe can sign up here first. You may need to create an account before you can register as a judge.
To serve as a judge, all interested who are interested need to fill out a recruitment form on the summer symposium host platform, Symposium by ForagerOne.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org