- Publication must be in a nationally or internationally recognized scholarly source
- A WVU undergraduate student (or students) must be lead or co-author or performer. Students may be the sole author or performer.
- Student authors or performers must be currently enrolled as undergraduates at WVU with a graduation date in May 2023 or later to qualify for the cash award.
- The research mentor may be a WVU faculty/staff member, graduate student or post-doc. Awards can only be distributed to current WVU employees.
- Scholarly or creative work must be accepted for publication prior to March 10, 2023
- Student authors or performers should make the submission with support from their mentor as needed.
- Name, major, contact info of student(s) and mentor.
- If a student publishes independently, without the support of a faculty mentor, the student should provide a letter from their department chair or faculty member in their department describing the nature of the student’s independent work.
- Complete citation (style appropriate to your discipline)
- Link to source if available
- If submission is not yet published, provide evidence of acceptance such as a letter from the editor.
- Short statement describing the student’s contribution to the work. For example, did the student design the study, carry out the work, generate the figures, conduct analysis, write the manuscript? 500 characters max.
- Describe the impact of this work on the student’s discipline. 1000 characters max.
One scholarly or creative work will be selected each year. The student author/presenter and faculty mentor will evenly split the $1000 award ($500 each). If more than one undergraduate student is included in the application, the $500 award for the students will be split equally among the applicants. Cash awards to students will be paid directly to the winner’s student account. Faculty mentors will receive funds directed for professional development.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Research at: email@example.com.