WVU student editors have published the undergraduate research journal, Mountaineer Undergraduate Research Review (MURR),Volume 8, closing out the 2022-2023 academic year.
The 2022-2023 academic year marks the fourth volume of MURR since it was relaunched with support from the Office of Undergraduate Research and the Honors EXCEL program after a six-year hiatus. Current Honors EXCEL student Teagan Kuzniar is a senior graduating with a major in environmental microbiology serves as the journal’s current editor-in-chief.
MURR has elevated the academic success of WVU students and editors in MURR have been collectively been recognized as WVU Outstanding Seniors, NSF GRFP recipients, an Order of Augusta recipient, a Goldwater scholar, a Udall scholar, and a Newman Civic Fellowship winner, among other accomplishments.
The MURR Editorial Review Board (ERB) publishing Volume 8 included:
- Editors-in-Chief: Teagan Kuzniar
- Managing Editor: Wren King
- Head Section Editor (STEM): Thomas Wilkins
- Head Section Editor (HASS): Alex Dean
- Design Editor: Daniel Esguerra
- Editors (STEM): Kamil Abbas, Zachary Ellis, Michael Fiala, Ashley McCullough, Kallie Schafner, and Raafay Uqaily
- Editors (HASS): Aidan Connors, Gwendolyn Dzwil, Red Klug, Jordan Payton, and Bethanny Prascik
- Copy Editor: Leah Brennsteiner
- Typesetters: Zachary Ellis and Teagan Kuzniar
Cover Art: Shaun Wilson
- Staff Advisor: Kevin Walden
The editorial review board is accepting manuscripts and cover art for MURR, Volume 9. Manuscripts may be submitted through the MURR webpage and cover art can be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email email@example.com. Please note that the journal is may be slower to respond during the summer as it is undergoing routine maintenance.